Sugar free chocolate cake because my dad decided to completely cut off sugar from his diet three years ago. I don’t know how he does it. I salute it, but I don’t get it. I mean I do, but like, at what cost ? I reduce sugar at a maximum in my recipes but I can’t do dessert without it. I need a little sweetness in my life. And plus sugar is not just any ingredient especially in baking, the whole process of it is simple chemistry. Well as it turns out, a cake with no sugar can still rise in the oven, and thanks to Maha, one lovely member of my facebook group « Recettes sans prises de tête » I know can do a mean chocolate-y dessert for my dad.
- 100 g dark chocolate (as dark as you can tolerate)
- 50g butter
- 25g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- Some water
- Melt your chocolate in a bain marie, then remove from the heat and add your butter till it’s combined. Add the baking powder and flour and set aside.
- Mix your eggs with just a bit of water and a pinch of salt, then incorporate your chocolate mix to the beaten eggs
- Spread some butter on two ramekins and sprinkle some flour on top, before using a spoon to pour your mixture on them.
- Put in a pre-heated oven at 175°C, and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Get your little ramekins out of the oven and let it cool for a bit before putting it in your plate.
- You can add some dried raisins for some sweetness if you like, or some type of fruit jam, but I served my dad’s with some unsweetened whipped cream and mixed berries and he just loved it !