Over the years my taste seems to have changed, for instance I was never into zucchini, pepper, avocado.. anything green really. I don’t know when or how exactly this has changed but now I enjoy eating my veggies. I think it’s probably (most definitely) because I’m getting old. I still eat candy though, some things should stay the same.
But I’ve always enjoyed salads, they’re easy to make, fresh and give endless possibilities to someone who like to try out new things. I can literally throw anything into my salad, fruits, cheese, nuts, I don’t really care and it doesn’t have to make sense. It just has to taste good.
So here’s a quick recipe for an easy dinner, which is the basic for almost every recipe on this blog.
- Fresh lettuce (you can use spinach, romaine, iceberg or a mix, whatever you like)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black & green olives
- Sweet corn
- Rinse everything thoroughly because pesticides and whatnot
- Cook your shrooms in a pan (low heat) with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and some herbs (I have a tendency to use ALL the herbs so excuse me if I’m not being specific, whatever you have in your kitchen is fine). The mushrooms tend to shrink a little while being cooked and you wonder how worthy it is after all given how pricey those little shits are.
- Cut your tomatoes in halves, your brie in little pieces and throw everything in a bowl.
- I don’t prepare my vinaigrette apart, I find it better to do it right into the salad bowl. So put a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and you’re good to go. You can switch out the lemon juice for some balsamic vinegar if you’re into that (I know I am).
- Tadaaa, delicious salad for you !