Yesterday’s dinner was made in less than thirty minutes and was extremely bomb. Coming home I had a sudden urge for rice and chicken and I knew I wanted some soy sauce in the mix. I don’t know what got to me. Probably too much tv shows watching people order Chinese. That’s gotta be it. Anyway : Soy Chicken with Mushrooms and Rice recipe !
- Olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 4 fresh mushrooms
- 250 g chicken fillet
- 200 g rice
- Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp butter
- Sesame seeds
- Peel and cut your onions in tiny cubes. Pour them in a pan with some olive oil and let it caramelize.
- Cut your chicken into pieces and let them simmer in soy sauce for a little while before adding them to the pan.
- Meanwhile, boil some water in a saucepan to cook your rice. When your rice is cooking, constantly stir to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut your mushrooms in strips and add them to the pan, as well as some sesame seeds to your taste. Let it simmer for a while then add water and sugar and mix it up.
- Add the flour to thicken your sauce, I chose to use one tablespoon but you can add more if you want a thicker sauce.
- Let it cook until the mushrooms start to shrink, when it’s almost done, add your butter and stir it into the sauce. Check if it needs some adjustment (more water, or more soy sauce…).
- When your rice is done, rinse it and put it in your plates. Make a little well inside the rice to put your mixture inside so it comes nicely on top.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on it and tada, dinner’s ready !