No butter no egg chocolate chip cookies are a really great substitute for people who don’t like or can’t eat butter or eggs. The olive oil in these chocolate chips cookies makes them so moist and tender, it’s definitely like chewing on a soft caramel. I eat my cookies as soon as they’re out of the oven, still warm and soft, so I suggest you heat up yours in the microwave before eating them if you still have them the day after.
For 15 cookies :
150g brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 tsp salt
12 cl olive oil (or coconut oil, or any kind of oil you dig)
6 cl milk (or soy milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
200g dark chocolate
- Mix the two sugars, salt and olive oil with a hand whisk until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and incorporate them to the mix.
- Finally add in your baking powder and your flour gradually until it’s all nice and smooth.
- Cut your chocolate into big chunks and incorporate them to your dough.
- Let it rest for half an hour in the fridge before getting them and forming little round cookies with the palm of your hands.
- Put them on parchment paper on your baking tray and get them into your preheated oven at 175°C
- 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven and voilà
A nice and yummy treat in practically no time !