When you’re craving caramel but don’t have the energy to go outside and buy some, you learn how to make your own. Granted you’ll need the ingredients, but what’s some butter, sugar and cream in your pantry or fridge ? You probably already have at least two of those laying somewhere around. So let’s make some rich, dripping hot, brown caramel sauce !
- 200 grams sugar
- 80 grams butter
- 120 cl cream
- Put your sugar in a pot over medium heat and stir it until it completely melts.
- Cut your butter in pieces and add them at the same time while whisking vigorously. Be careful cause it starts to boil and go berserk, but you don’t care cause you’re gonna tame that ish.
- When the butter is fully incorporated, pour your cream and continue to whisk. It’s basically arm day at this point because all you have to do is whisk and show strength.
- Let it boil for a couple minutes, not too long, stir it once more, and your caramel is now ready.
- You can sprinkle some salt or use salted butter instead of regular butter if you like salted butter caramel.