This is my go to recipe when I have people over, because it’s so easy to make and people feel cared for when you put a lot of colorful plates in front of them. It means you worked hard for it. It’s not necessarily the case in this case (I should make bad puns for a living). Anyway, fajitas !
The recipe is pretty simple, unless you’re planning to make your own tortillas, that’s another story (and maybe a recipe for later who knows, I’ve been making my own bread these past few days soo..). Sure you can use the pre-made sauce, and the pre-made flavoring you find on the bag, but you don’t actually need it, there’s enough flavors in all the ingredients below.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 gold pep.. (nah I’m kidding)
- Bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 250 g chicken (or turkey, or no meat is also an excellent choice)
- 2 avocadoes
- Some cherry tomatoes
- Parsley & Cilantro
- 1 bag of tortillas (the ones you like)
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (same thing)
- Grated cheese (you got at this point that it’s whatever strikes your fancy)
- Start with your chicken that you’re gonna rinse and put in clean water with half a lemon juice and some vinegar, I like to put my lemon inside the bowl as well, just to keep things extra fresh. Put it in the fridge while you’re preparing other things.
- Cut your peppers in strips and put them in your biggest pan with a little olive oil, salt & pepper and bay leaves. Let them cook for a while on low, you need them to soften and not burn right away. It’s gonna take approximately half an hour for them to start shrinking.
- Rinse out your chicken and douse it in mustard, cook it in a separate pan, also on low.
- Make your guacamole by squashing two ripe avocados (you only need a fork), cherry tomatoes cut in tiny pieces, salt & pepper, cilantro & parsley, and some lemon juice.
- When your peppers are done, throw in the chicken and stir a little.
- Reheat your tortillas in the microwave, or use a flat pan. If you’re using the pan be quick, you don’t want them to grill.
- Grate your cheese, put your chips in a bowl and you’re done !
- See how easy that was ?
Let me know if you made some ! Have a nice day guys <3