Easy microwave recipes for those of you who don’t have an oven, don’t like to use an oven, don’t even like to cook, but still wanna eat good. I’m looking at you Sab. Wanting to bake a pizza with no oven, no microwave and barely a skillet. I wish I could make these kind of things up but unfortunately it’s all true. My friends are lazy bums.
I received this microwave from Whirlpool a month ago and I asked on my stories what where the recipes you guys did most with a microwave. The general answers were mug cakes. Well I tried those, and I miserably failed. Mushy, spongy, not at all resembling a cake in any way, shape or form. So I went to my friend Pinterest and looked up the recipes that seemed to be easy enough to reproduce at home.
I went for a savory and a sweet recipe, both perfect for children, which my grown-practically-thirty husband and I are.
Microwaved Baked Cheesy Potatoes
- 2 potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- A splash of milk
- Grated cheese
- Coat your potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on top, before sinking a fork twice in each one of them. I tried to push my fork as far as I could to make them open just enough to receive enough steam.
- Put them in the microwave for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender (check with your fork).
- Get them out of the microwave using a cooking glove or a towel because the plate will be sizzling hot.
- Cut the top of your potatoes in half, before using the same fork to mush the insides.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, garlic powder and a splash of milk in each one and then mix everything up.
- Garnish the top with grated cheese and some herbs before putting them in the microwave again for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve hot with a dash of thick cream if you have it, or any sauce you’d like really. You can choose whatever topping you want, shredded chicken, cooked peppers, shrimp… I chose the easiest version with cheese, and the fact that I mixed everything beforehand made the inside creamy and resembling a lot the beloved mashed potatoes of our childhood.
But the realest treat is this super quick microwaved S’mores. For people like me who need to go to their parent’s place to enjoy a real fireplace, make real S’mores on skewers and everything, this recipe is a gem. You basically need three ingredients and nothing else to feel like a happy kid again.
- Dark Chocolate (roughly 100 grams)
- 4 marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Melt your chocolate in a pot in the microwave for three minutes. Take out your chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add you marshmallows and put your pot back in the microwave. 10 seconds max is what you need for the marshmallows to puff out (if your pot is smaller than the one in the picture, three marshmallows are enough)
- I used a lighter to grill the top of my marshmallows once I took the pot (with a towel of course, I can’t stress this enough), and I directly dived in with my graham crackers.
Easy and to eat on the spot.
Wish you guys liked these super duper easy recipes, and I would love to read what are your go-to’s microwaved ones in the comments. Till next time ! <3